Friday 13 April 2012

Dave Pundit's Predictions

Hi, I'm Dave Pundit. A trip to Wembley can only mean one thing: FA Cup Final day. Or that time I went to see Celine Dion. I'll tell you what, she was so good I waited until the encore before I started throwing cups of my urine at the stage.

Liverpool v Everton
So here it is the most hotly anticipated FA Cup Final in recent history. A derby match no less. I'd say it was too close to call if it wasn't for the fact that Liverpool are head and shoulders above Everton. You only have to look at the league to see that. Liverpool are the kind of team that challenge for 4th whereas Everton are mid-table at best. Of course league form counts for nothing in these games but you can't discount the fact that the table doesn't lie, except when it puts Arsenal in 3rd because that can't be true, they've been rubbish all year. You also have to remember that Liverpool have won a cup final already this year so they know what it takes to draw this kind of game and still pick up a trophy and I can see that skill being essential here.
Verdict: 1-1 (Liverpool to win on penalties)

Tottenham v Chelsea
Wait, why are they playing other games on cup final day? I refuse to accept this. This is another shocking decision by the FA. First they don't ban Balotelli for what was a horrendous challenge on some bloke from Arsenal, studs showing, knee high, over the ball and he still couldn't break his leg. There's no place for that in football. And now this, other matches on cup final day. It's outrageous. No wonder John Terry is feigning injury and refusing to play. He's a man of true moral fibre and no mistake. In honour of his brave stand I refuse to make any more predictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment