Tuesday 10 March 2009

Dave Pundit's Champions League Predictions

Hi, I'm Dave Pundit. Europe is a big continent, I'm just glad Britain isn't part of it. I don't even change my money when I go abroad for a booze cruise. If the hypermarkets wont accept pound sterling then I just don't pay. I once went on a trip to Greece with Tranmere it was the worst week of my life. They told me not to drink the water so I stuck solely to Ouzo. I was sick as a dog all week. Give me a good English drink like Stella any day.

Liverpool v Real Madrid
Both of these teams have real European pedigree but Liverpool also have English pedigree which Madrid don't so that gives Liverpool a big advantage. In fact as far as pedigree goes you can't beat the likes of Gerrard and Carragher. Even someone like Torres has pedigree, you don't get that sort of player in Spain.
Verdict 2-0

Juventus v Chelsea
It's important for a team to have history and since Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea they have it in spades. John Terry gives a team history all on his own. He's an old fashioned defender, he can tackle, he can injure players and he can head the ball. What more do you need. If Juventus had Terry they would never have had to bribe anyone. Other teams would've given them money just for the privilege of playing against him.
Verdict 0-2

Roma v Arsenal
I'm not a big fan of Arsenal but I always support English teams in Europe, even if they are foreign like the Gunners. But let's face it they'll have no problems here. Roma can't even spell the name of their city right. It's Rome you idiots.
Verdict 0-1

Man Utd v Inter Milan
Jose Mourinho worked miracles with the likes of Drogba, Essien and Carvalho at Chelsea but he'll struggle to do the same with a bunch of foreign jessies at Inter Milan. Alex Ferguson of course has a good strong bunch of Englishmen to call on Ferdinand, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs, Evans. The list of English talent is endless.
Verdict 2-0

8 comments:

  1. Hey there Dave, I've just uploaded my version of a match preview, from an Argentine's football perspective. Here hoping for another great Albiceleste night.

    http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2009/03/ucl-first-knockout-round-return-leg.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great quality Dave. I hope the Arsenal fans make it to ROME tonight, the spelling on the match tickets could put them off and they book tickets to some god forsaken place. Not that you would want to even watch Arsenal tonight. Too many jessies on show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality stuff dave. Be posting a link on 606 since the mods will defo ban you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cmon Dave, the sooner you post your predictions the sooner you can head to the pub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quality Dave...I had suffered the lack of good old Dave Pundit predictions before matches...thank God I found this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oi! Dave! Get it right - Robbie Keane isn't British.

    Oh. You haven't actually said he was. Sorry. I'll get my coat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you're continuing from "beyond the grave".

    This is Dublin_Gunner here by the way - I got banned from 606 myself shortly after you/JJG did, possibly protesting your ban too loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dave, long time follower of your 606 predictions. Dont actually have a 606 account so you havnt heard of me obviously! Now you know QPR got taken over by a bunch of foreign jessies? They even had that Paulo Sousa, who sounds like a soup, as a manager! Disgraceful. So now I decided to take over them on Football Manager 2009 to put this right. I will buy as many Britons as possible, like Kevin Doyle, Sebbie Abreu and Martin Taylor. Yes, the Martin Taylor who made that leg breaking challenge on that pansie Eduardo. Brought a tear to my eye that one! The only 2 foreign players I bought were Glauber Berti from Man City (I had to check if he was real or not) and Hobbit Bermudez (hahahaha Hobbit).

    Read all about it!

    http://footballmanager09story.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete