Friday 25 September 2009

Dave Pundit's Predictions 26/09/09

Hi, I'm Dave Pundit. Much has been made about the injury time that is added on at the end of matches. This is not a new phenomena, I remember a match I was involved in that had eight minutes of injury time. Luckily I'd been sent off for breaking someone's leg, so I still managed to get to the pub in time to see the vidiprinter on Grandstand.

Portsmouth v Everton
Fratton Park is a fortress. However it's not a very good one. You wouldn't put your crown jewels in there would you? Especially since Sol Campbell left. Everton have managed to recover from their poor start and I expect them to literally stuff Pompey.
Verdict 1-2

Birmingham v Bolton
I fully expect this to be a rip-roaring battle. Birmingham have a lot of injuries and I'm sure they'll pick up a few more here. Now I can't condone horror tackles but I'd be very disappointed if there weren't any in this game.
Verdict 0-0

Blackburn v Aston Villa
They say the sign of a good team is that they can win even when they're not playing good football. Villa seem to have got the knack of this so far this season. However, Big Sam Allardyce is the master of rubbish football, so Villa could struggle here.
Verdict 1-1

Liverpool v Hull
Liverpool are firing on all cylinders now, which is bad news for Hull. It's far too early in the season to start talking about firing managers but Phil Brown has got to start getting results or he could be for the chop, which would be a shame, what other manager's skin colour matches the team's kits?
Verdict 3-1

Stoke v Manchester Utd
Man Utd v Man City was 4-3, Stoke v Blackpool was 4-3, but I can't see this one being another 4-3 thriller.
Verdict 3-4

Tottenham v Burnley
Spurs have fallen away a bit after their good start and they were very unfortunate to lose Ledley King to injury against Chelsea. You just can't prepare for that. However they still have a strong English spine with Huddlestone, Jenas and Keane, so I expect them to see off Burnley here.
Verdict 2-0

Wigan v Chelsea
Chelsea have had a fantastic start to the season and I think all the credit can go to one man; John Terry. He is a glorious leader and I don't think it's hyping him too much to put him on the same level as Winston Churchill. Perhaps even better. John Terry wouldn't have fought the Germans on the beaches, he'd have swum out to sea and beaten the hun to death with a large fish.
Verdict 0-3

Fulham v Arsenal
Arsenal proved in the Carling Cup that their youngsters are following in the first teams football. None more so than young Jack Wilshere, acting like a French tartlet when he clashed with Thomas. And what kind of a name is Wilshere anyway? Doesn't sound very English to me. Not like Stephen Ireland or Jason Scotland. Fulham will put Arsenal in their place.
Verdict 2-1

Sunderland v Wolves
When Mick McCarthy was in charge of Sunderland they were awful, he'll have a point to prove when he returns with Wolves. Sadly Wolves are rubbish so he's got no chance.
Verdict 2-0

Man City v West Ham
City suffered a set back against their Manchester rivals last week but they'll bounce back against Gianfranco Zola's West Ham. I'll make no bones about it I don't think Zola should be in charge of the Hammers. Something needs to be done about it. Perhaps a sign outside Upton Park that says 'you must be at least this tall to manage our club'.
Verdict 2-0

7 comments:

  1. Quality as always.

    < ok>

    Wait, that doesn't work here. < doh>

    Damn it, how do I emote?!

    < smooch>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold as usual, Dave. But Everton to win? I think you've lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, if I post you some 'Pot Noodles' can you sign each noodle for me.

    Always your Welsh tart

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just can't prepare for that...koala tea, Dave. 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good.

    Can I ask you please just to have a look at my blog and post comments and vote on who I should be on Football Manager 2010.

    www.footballmanagerblog9.blogspot.com

    Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good as usual.
    hopefully, City could clinch this match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Phil Brown has got to start getting results or he could be for the chop, which would be a shame, what other manager's skin colour matches the team's kits?"

    Fergie's

    ReplyDelete