Friday 23 October 2009

Dave Pundit's Predictions 23/10/09

Hi, I'm Dave Pundit. I don't really like to get involved in politics but I feel I have to mention Nick Griffin's appearance on Question Time. There is no place in this country for racists like him. Personally I think we should stick him on the first plane out of here. And he can take all the foreign footballers that are ruining the British game with him.

Wolves v Aston Villa
There are local derbies and then there are local derbies if you know what I mean, and this is definitely just two teams from the same area of the country playing each other. Villa have a proud Brit in charge whereas Wolves have an Irishman. Just one reason why Villa will walk it.
Verdict 0-2

Birmingham v Sunderland
Steve Bruce has got Sunderland playing very well recently but this could be a stern test for them. Birmingham don't score many goals but they're strong in the tackle and willing to injure players. And you don't win games with goals.
Verdict 0-0

Burnley v Wigan
Burnley at home are very different to Burnley away. It's like they're two different teams. It reminds me of a guy who drinks in my pub. Out with the lads he's a diamond. Funny, happy and great to be with. But when the wife turns up to drag him home he turns into a pussy cat. You wouldn't catch my wife embarrassing me like that. She just gives me a discreet phone call when it's time for me to go home.
Verdict 1-1

Hull v Portsmouth
Both these teams are already looking down the barrel of the relegation gun. It's far to early to say that no matter what the result both these teams will go down, but I can't see it making a blind bit of difference who wins this one.
Verdict 0-2

Tottenham v Stoke
I have a lot of time for Stoke. They play football the way it's meant to be played. With a grim look of determination present at all times and vast range of passing. And by vast, I mean long.
However I think they'll struggle against Tottenham's British spine of King, Jenas and Keane.
Verdict 2-1

Chelsea v Blackburn
This is the game of the weekend no doubt. Big Sam's warriors coming up against the might of John Terry. John Terry is a man who is so competitive that he can start a fight with a goalpost. That's what we need more of in this country. Have you ever seen a foreigner shout at a goalpost? No. I rest my case.
Verdict 2-0

Bolton v Everton
Let's face it you don't want to go to the Reebok with a depleted squad. By the time the game finishes you probably wont even be able to field a five-a-side team. Everton might as well not turn up.
Verdict 1-0

Liverpool v Manchester United
There are local derbies and then there are local derbies if you know what I mean, this is about as local as they get. Liverpool will be seething after being robbed in the last four games. So they'll want to win this one. But as it's a derby game I'd be breaking all the rules of punditry if I didn't predict a draw.
Verdict 1-1

Manchester City v Fulham
City are a true English team. Lescott, Barry, Bellamy. These sort of players aren't mercenaries just playing for the money. Quite frankly a lot of players from other clubs could learn from their example. And perhaps Fulham's Egyptian chairman could learn from City's example of how to run a club the British way too.
Verdict 2-1

West Ham v Arsenal
It was Wenger's 60th birthday this week and he couldn't ask for a better present than coming up against a midget Italian and his bunch of foreign fools. Unfortunately for Wenger his own team are a bunch of surrender monkeys as shown against AZ Alkmaar. It'll probably be a foreign style score draw.
Verdict 2-2

6 comments:

  1. John Terry is a man who is so competitive that he can start a fight with a goalpost. That's what we need more of in this country. Have you ever seen a foreigner shout at a goalpost? No. I rest my case.

    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

    Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quality as always Dave! I felt for JT when he started the arguement with the goal post. But for him it could be worse... He could play for Liverpool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've outdone yourself this week, Dave. But you do that every week, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

    ...And you don't win games with goals.

    LOL, Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair point made, Dave. The game's different without the locals.

    I want to see Stoke play the game we used to call football. Now it's just soft pushing and weak little boys from Spain, Germany and what have you running around. The referees are like bodyguards.

    Kudos to you, lad. You've shown us the light. The FA would do a great favour by banning all foreigners. The league would be a totally different thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolute comic genius

    ReplyDelete