Friday 21 October 2011

Dave Pundit's Predictions 22/10/11

Hi I'm Dave Pundit. I personally think the idea of a Great Britain team for the Olympics is marvellous and I think it should become the norm for things like the World Cup and European Championships. In fact I can't believe it's taken this long to come about. Just think of some of the fantastic players that they could have put into the England team. George Best, Ryan Giggs, Robbie Keane. The list is endless.

Wolves v Swansea
After a bright start Wolves have gone off the boil a bit and are now down in the doldrums. Now I'm not the type to deal in cliches but if Mick McCarthy's boys don't pull thei fingers out they could be down a certain creek without a paddle if you know what I mean? Luckily Swansea are Welsh so Wolves should have no troubles here.
Verdict: 2-0

Aston Villa v West Brom
With derby games all the usual rules go out of the window, form doesn't matter, the fact that Villa have a proper English manager and West Brom have some foreign bloke called Woy doesn't matter, all that matters is the passion on the pitch. That's why these games are so hard to predict but it's a lazy pundit that just plumps for a draw in games like these.
Verdict: 1-1

Bolton v Sunderland
It saddens me to see two proper northern teams doing so poorly but the buck has to stop with the managers. And they should blame the chairmen, who should blame the players and the buck should stop there, with the players blaming the manager. This will be a tight game but home advantage can play a massive part in these tense sort of matches. Home and advantage and grit. But it's hard to say which team has more of those things.
Verdict: 1-2

Newcastle v Wigan
If someone had told me at the start of the season that Newcastle would be unbeaten after eight games I'd've told them to go back to punditing school but Newcastle have surprised everyone and I can't see any reason why they can't remain unbeaten for the rest of the season and if they don't I'll hand in my diploma of punditry.
Verdict: 2-1

Liverpool v Norwich
When I first heard the accusations that Luis Saurez was a racist I thought 'he probably is, all them foreigners are'. Then I remembered he's a Liverpool player and as such he is clearly an honest man of integrity like all Scousers. Still Liverpool will put all these allegations behind them for this game. Norwich haven't been nearly as crap as I expected but they're no Liverpool are they?
Verdict: 3-0

Arsenal v Stoke
Do you know what I like about Stoke? They understand that kicking your opponent is as much a part of the game as pulling their shirts and sneakily swinging your elbow into someones face. That's what football's all about. Plus they have defenders that are over six foot, British players in the heart of midfield and players that aren't afraid to get red carded every now and then. If Arsenal had any of those things they'd be a far better team than they are.
Verdict: 0-1

Fulham v Everton
Everton have made a reputation as being one of the most consistent teams in the league but they've always been a bit hit and miss. Fulham on the other hand are hard to predict. It really depends on what teams turn up on Sunday. I reckon it'll be Fulham and Everton.
Verdict: 2-2

Man Utd v Man City
There is much talk of a power shift in Manchester but as Winston Churchill once said "with great power comes great responsibility." And I'm not sure Man City are responsible enough yet to be Champions. Man utd on the other hand bleed responsibility, just look at the likes of Rooney, Ferdinand and Giggs, three more responsible men you couldn't hope to find.
Verdict: 2-1

Blackburn v Tottenham
When Blackburn got taken over recently there was a lot of talk about big money signings and pushing for trophies and that hasn't really materialised. Let's face it only one of these teams has ever looked like they could win the Premier League and that's Tottenham. Blackburn just aren't a big enough club to ever challenge for the title.
Verdict: 0-3

QPR v Chelsea
Put simply QPR have got as much chance of winning this game as that bottle of gin in my cupboard has got of staying unopened. Now while I pour myself a quick G&T let's all take a minute to think about Gin Terry. I mean John Tonic. I mean John Terry a true English Gin of a man.
Verdict: 0-4

2 comments:

  1. al right dave
    wana write for www.sportpulse.net
    we need a funny, witty guy like you mate

    lemme know

    waqar_91@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha brilliant! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete