Friday 23 March 2012

Dave Pundit's Predictions 24/03/12

Hi, I'm Dave Pundit. Sometimes in football something happens that makes you realise that there are more important things in life than the beautiful game. Truly tragic events that unite everyone in grief. Liverpool losing 3-2 to QPR was one of those times. Thank God I've still got my booze to get me through.

Chelsea v Tottenham
What a battle this is going to be. The third best team in the league versus the fourth best team. Tottenham have the England manager in charge of them and thankfully Chelsea have seen the light and appointed an Englishman to be in charge of them. John Terry ably assisted by Frank Lampard is the dream duo. They're the most English couple since Torvill and Dean, but luckily neither of them is a giant, nappy wearing duck. For that reason alone I think John Terry will edge this one.
Verdict: 2-1

Arsenal v Aston Villa
Arsenal have been poor all season and quite frankly it's far too late to turn things around now. Villa haven't been at their best all year but there's still plenty of games left for things to change and that change will start here.
Verdict: 1-2

Bolton v Blackburn
When I saw Fabrice Muamba collapse on the pitch last week I was as shocked as anyone. I've never met him, or even heard of him, but I wish him all the best in his recovery. I heard when he woke up he was speaking English and French, which must've been a bit of a worry. Hopefully he's just back to English now. Anyway Bolton have made the right decision to get back to playing football. It's what Muamba would want, I'm sure. And I think they'll win this one for him.
Verdict: 1-0

Liverpool v Wigan
Liverpool won the Carling Cup remember? That proves that they're one of the best teams in England. Proves it. Wigan have been languishing at the bottom of the table all season and I just can't see one of the best teams in England losing to a team in the relegation zone, can you?
Verdict: 2-0

Norwich v Wolves
Not enough has been said about how well Norwich have done this season. I mean it really is incredible. Now I've been criticised in the past for some apparently disparaging comments I've made about Norwich fans and I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise if I've caused any offence. Luckily I don't think any of them can read so I doubt I've upset them really. Wolves have been absolutely shocking recently. I'm not sure Terry Connor is the man to manage them. Sure he was good in Terry and June but that's no basis for being a football manager is it?
Verdict: 1-0

Sunderland v QPR
After he was booed by his own fans Joey Barton responded by saying form is temporary, class is permanent. But he better hope QPR's form holds out because if their class kicks back in he'll be playing Championship football next season, which will be a real shame because without him the Premier League will be short one more good old fashioned midfielder who isn't afraid to put the boot in to someones face.
Verdict: 1-1

Swansea v Everton
Everton have had a bit of a slump in form recently. There's no shame to losing to Liverpool of course but to not even score against Arsenal's porous defence is a tragedy. Still they should be able to get back on track against this male voice choir masquerading as a football team.
Verdict: 0-2

Stoke v Man City
This will probably be City's toughest test in the run in and their win against Chelsea will give them a boost going into it. However I think Mancini letting Tevez back into the team is a sign of weakness. When a manager told me I was never going to play for a club again, I never played for that club again. And I respect that. He should take a leaf from Tony Pulis's book and challenge any player who disagrees with him to a fight. That'd shut them up sharpish.
Verdict: 1-1

West Brom v Newcastle
Newcastle are still pushing for a Champions League spot and though that might be a bit to much of an ask they should still be able to see off a side managed by Hodgson. This week I heard that he's been touted as a future England manager. The idea is laughable, haven't we had enough foreigners in charge of the national team? Hodgson proved at Liverpool he can't cope with the big jobs, quite frankly anyone who can't get Liverpool into the top four is a joke.
Verdict: 0-2

Man Utd v Fulham
Man Utd have hit form at just the right time and I can't see anyone catching them now. In Wayne Rooney they have easily the best striker in the country at the moment and behind him they have a wealth of good English talent like Scholes and Giggs. With those two in the team I can see them maintaining their success for years to come. Fulham will also be at this match but they might as well not bother.
Verdict: 3-0

No comments:

Post a Comment