Thursday 9 April 2009

Dave Pundit's Easter Predictions

Hi, I'm Dave Pundit. Punditry, like crime, doesn't take a vacation. But I'm going to take tomorrow off to spend some quality time with my family, right up until 8 o'clock when the pub says kids aren't allowed in the bar anymore. Easter time always throws up some interesting fixtures and coincidentally I tend to throw up over Easter. Too much chocolate I suppose.

Liverpool v Blackburn
Liverpool will need to bounce back after their unlucky defeat in the Champions League and I think they will. Liverpool have always been a team to focus on the league and I can't see anyone stopping them picking up another title this year.
Verdict 2-0

Chelsea v Bolton
Bolton are a team that play proper football, violent and ugly, but they will struggle against Chelsea because no one's as violent and ugly as John Terry. If he'd been alive during the First World War the Germans would've taken one look at him and said "You know what? We're not all that bothered about some Austrian Archduke" and the whole disaster would've been averted.
Verdict 2-0

Middlesbrough v Hull
I'd never call for a managers head but surely Gareth Southgate should have been sacked by now? Where is his teams grit and determination? He has undone all Steve McClaren's great work. It's almost like Southgate manages like a foreigner and I can't remember a time when a manager who wasn't English won anything. Phil Brown could teach him a thing or two and in this game I think he will.
Verdict 1-2

Portsmouth v West Brom
Pompey have struggled this year but I don't think they'll go down. West Brom on the other hand will, because let's face it, West Brom are awful. My granny could play better than them, and she lost her legs in a bizarre threshing incident.
Verdict 1-0

Sunderland v Man Utd
This will be a walk in the park for Man Utd. They'll even have time to stop and feed the ducks. Because they're walking in the park you see? That's the sort of thing you'd do in the park I'd imagine. I can't see anyone stopping them picking up another title this year.
Verdict 0-2

Tottenham v West Ham
Both teams will be up for this London derby but Spurs will edge it. Because they're British through and through with players like Jenas, Woodgate and Keane. Tell me what've West Ham ever done for the England team?
Verdict 2-1

Wigan v Arsenal
Arsenal haven't been beaten in 17 games in the league but that doesn't mean they're on form. I can see their lucky run ending here, Wigan will get stuck in and let Arsenal know they're there. Villareal had the right idea, kick 'em hard and the fragile little lambs will go off crying in pain. Just a shame Villareal were to foreign to capitalise on it properly.
Verdict 1-0

Stoke v Newcastle
Alan Shearer is quite rightly a Newcastle legend, how much success did he bring the club? He's also an England great, I bet Newcastle wish they had someone with Shearer's international pedigree up front but I can't think of anyone they've got who could match what Shearer did for his country. However, Stoke don't have any legends so I can't see how they'll get out of the relegation zone I'm afraid.
Verdict 1-2

Aston Villa v Everton
Villa have let everyone down recently by losing the 4th spot, now it looks like they'll be fighting Everton for 5th place. Quite frankly I'm so disappointed in them I'm starting to think that Martin O'Neill isn't as English as we all thought. David Moyes definitely is though so I think it'll be an Everton win here.
Verdict 1-3

Man City v Fulham
Man City are linked with every flashy foreigner under the sun at the moment but they should take a leaf out of Fulham's book. Buy English. Fulham are English through and through from the very top to the very bottom. Man City could learn from that.
Verdict 0-1

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dave, long time follower of your 606 predictions. Dont actually have a 606 account so you havnt heard of me obviously! Now you know QPR got taken over by a bunch of foreign jessies? They even had that Paulo Sousa, who sounds like a soup, as a manager! Disgraceful. So now I decided to take over them on Football Manager 2009 to put this right. I will buy as many Britons as possible, like Kevin Doyle, Sebbie Abreu and Martin Taylor. Yes, the Martin Taylor who made that leg breaking challenge on that pansie Eduardo. Brought a tear to my eye that one! The only 2 foreign players I bought were Glauber Berti from Man City (I had to check if he was real or not) and Hobbit Bermudez (hahahaha Hobbit).

    Read all about it!

    http://footballmanager09story.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurry up & do the weekends games Dave

    ReplyDelete