Friday 3 April 2009

Dave Pundit's Predictions 04/04/09

Hi, I'm Dave Pundit. Earlier in the week my eldest son, Barry, made his debut for Chester City's youth team. He got sent off after 54 minutes for a two footed lunge. I was livid, I told him, Barry, I said, you could've ended that poor lad's career before it had even begun. His strike partner was French, why didn't you go for him? But he's young so he'll learn quick enough not to do that sort of thing while the ref is looking.

Blackburn v Tottenham
Spurs have got Ledley King back to fitness which is a real bonus he makes their already strong British spine of Woodgate, Jenas and Keane even stronger. However he is injury prone so I'm sure Big Sam will tell his players to get stuck into him. If I was playing I'd go in at about knee height and snap his leg within the first minute just to let him know I'm there.
Verdict 1-1

Arsenal v Man City
One of Arsenal's main problems is their lack of a traditional English centre forward, a big lad up front that they can hump balls up to. They just don't have anyone like that so they have to resort to fancy passing and you don't win anything by passing. If Man City can take advantage of Arsenal's poor form they could get a good win here.
Verdict 2-0

Bolton v Middlesbrough
I'm expecting this to be an absolute cracker. It will literally knock your socks off. It will blow your proverbial mind. There will be hard tackles aplenty and I'm literally about to explode with the excitement. I genuinely think this could be the game of the season.
Verdict 0-0

Hull v Portsmouth
The Portsmouth lads will be travelling a long way for this fixture and it will be galling for them if they come home with nothing. I once travelled all the way to Torquay with Tranmere and we lost because I scored an own goal in the last minute. The lads were so angry and disrespectful considering I was the only player in the team who had been capped at international level. They told me to shove my caps up my arse. I can't imagine the likes of Sol Campbell would take kindly to someone wanting to put something up his arse, so hopefully they'll come away with the points.
Verdict 1-2

Newcastle v Chelsea
Alan Shearer has swapped the pressure and risks of punditry to go into the cosy world of management. The geordies love him but he won't get his dream start here because he's up against John Terry. If John Terry had been in ancient Greece Alexander the Great would've been known as Alexander the Average because no one can compete with JT.
Verdict 0-2

West Brom v Stoke
This is a real six pointer. Maybe even a seven pointer, it's that important. But even with seven points I think they'd struggle to get out of the relegation zone. Because if we're honest both teams are rubbish aren't they?
Verdict 1-1

West Ham v Sunderland
When I heard Zola was going into management I was shocked, he's only 5 foot or something. How can players look up to someone so short? I'd say you should be at least 6 foot to be a manager. I mean if I looked over to the bench for some inspirational tactics and I saw Zola I'd think shouldn't that kid be in school? Sunderland will teach West Ham a lesson here.
Verdict 0-1

Fulham v Liverpool
Liverpool couldn't be in a better position to win the league after beating Man Utd and I can't see them slipping up here. I don't think Fulham have got the players to beat anyone in the top four.
Verdict 0-2

Everton v Wigan
I have great respect for both these teams the managers have done fantastic jobs. With Moyes being Scottish and Bruce being English it also adds a bit of extra spice. It'll be like the English Civil War only with two different countries fighting. It's hard to pick a winner in this one, but luckily I don't have to. It'll be a draw.
Verdict 1-1

Man Utd v Aston Villa
If Villa want to try and get back into fourth place they have to be able to win games like this. Unfortunately Man Utd will really be up for this game. I can't see Villa getting anything here, when was the last time Man Utd lost back to back games? Never, I'd wager.
Verdict 2-0

No comments:

Post a Comment